I have so much love for this foundation it is unbelievable. You do not know how much I was uhming and ahming about getting this foundation as I thought it would just be another rubbish high street makeup product which realed you in with great advertising.
I have tried dozens of the Boots foundations which have all let me down terribly, so I switched to Mac and was extremely pleased. However, the Mac prices are a little off putting and I didnt want to waste such a expensive beauty product on school, so I decided I would put the Mac foundation to one side and use at the weekends only.
So now I needed one for school so I searched up a load of foundations on boots which all claimed to be brilliant blah blah blah, so I was really stuck. I decided to go onto Zoella's blog and youtube channel as I can always trust her reviews, and there was a video called "High Street/Drugstore Foundation Review #1". She was wearing the rimmel wake me up foundation and she said how brilliant it was.. so I decided not to question her and try it for myself..
..And OH WOW, how I adore it. I would even go as far to say that it is
as good better than my Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation. So, why would I say this?, let me tell you:
- The Rimmel Wake Me up Foundation is priced at £8.99 usually in boots, however I got mine for £5.98 at Wilkinsons. (I actually think Boots has an offer on with this foundation where you get £3 off of it) So I got mine for a cheaper price which is why I love it even more!
- It gives my skin a very dewy look which is EXACTLY what I was after in a foundation. It has tiny little sparkles/glitter in the liquid apparently so that could be the reason as to why it is nice and shiny on the face.
- It is medium to full coverage which is perfect for me. However if you only put a small amount on then I'm sure it can look really natural too. It covers up spots, dark eye circles and blemishes nicely.
- It is very longlasting - I wear my foundation all day at school so basically about 8 hours. Obviously it does come off a little bit by the end of the day but then so does really expensive foundations. I really wanted a product which wouldn't slick off your face and leave you wit horrible, greasy and patchy skin, and I am extremely pleased to say that it doesn't do that AT all.
- It matches my skin colour well - they have 6 shades to choose from.
- The best thing about this is that is doesn't bring me out in spots. All of the high street foundations I have tried have brought me out in hundreds of spots and white heads, but this one doesn't at all!
It is basically a fantastic foundation which I am seriously pleased with. I was so worried about buying this and I really wish I hadn't doubted it before as it is possibly the best foundation I have ever used. Good job Rimmel!
P.S. I also use the Rimmel Wake Me up Concealer with this foundation which makes my skin look even better. Here is the Concealer Review: Rimmel Wake Me up Concealer Review