Tuesday 24 January 2012

YES AND NO PRODUCTS

  
YES
  • Mac Studio Fix Fluids: Absolutely perfect. It has high coverage, lasts all day and works with my normal/oily skin. Best foundation I have used (And I have tried many!) However it is quite expensive: £19.50. This might be out of some peoples budget but it is definitely worth it. I only wear this on the weekends as it's too pricey to be wasted at school.
  • Revlon Colourstay Foundation: Great foundation for every day use and for people who don't want to spend too much. It is about £10 which isn't too bad for normal Boots product. I use this for school and it lasted me about 6 months (and it still has 1/4 left). I matches my skin perfectly, but it can make my nose a little shiny/oily by the end of the day. 
  • Volume Million Lashes Mascara: I bought this years ago and have stuck by it for ages as it is does the job superbly. Not only does it make my very short/non-exsistent lashes much much longer, it volumises them and seperates them amazingly well. I use this every day and it usually runs out every two months. It is the best mascara I have used (and yet again I have tried many). For about £10 it is pretty good!
  • Collection 2000 Concealer: It matches my skin colour really well and keeps most of my spots covered throughout the day. Great for a cheap brand and product.
  • Stila Waterproof Eyeliner: I got this lovely product from my brother's lovely and generous girlfriend, Charlotte. She bought me a Stila Eyeshadow set which is sensational! This eyeliner also came with it and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I have gone through so many different brands and this is by far the best! Thanks Char!

 

NO
  • L'oreal Roll on True Match: Basically it is very patchy and doesnt match my skin colour very well. It wipes off within an hour which means constant retouching. I dont ever use this foundation but I feel bad throwing it away because it was expensive. (Also the rolling brush builds up all this bacteria if its not cleaned, then it spreads onto the foundation when rolled against it.)
  • L'oreal Infallible, Indefectible Waterproof Eyeliner: This smudges off within a couple hours leaving you would lots of black smear marks underneath your eyes. It was fairly expensive and it was just a waste of time. It is certainly NOT waterproof on me.
  • Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil: I bought and still use this because it is the only affordable eyebrow pencil in boots and superdrug which is mildly good. It comes out like gingery/brown on me when it clearly states it should be dark brown. I am considering buying Mac when this runs out as it makes my eyebrows look so wierd.
  • Waterproof Collection 2000 Liquid Liner: It makes your eyelids feel really hard and horrible. It comes off instantly with water, therefore making it a bad product!
  • Helen E Blusher: BAD, BAD, BAD. It comes out bright pink and disgusting.

3 comments:

  1. hey love your blog, would you be able to check out my blog please? I'm a newbie!! :)x
    http://fashionvitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the collection 2000 eye liner rubbish too. The cheap W7 non-waterproof eye liner works better!
    Ive always had my doubts about the Loreal true match. I don't see how a roller can blend the foundation into your skin that well.

    Holli x
    Dragonmommy123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love your blog :) I would recommend trying essences eyebrow pencil, i'm using this at the minute.

    Xo

    http://dirtydamselindistress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete