Monday 13 June 2011

1ST DAY AT THE EVENING POST

The 1st day was amazing :) I was with three new people: a girl the same age as me and two boys aged 17. We had to write about ourselves in 100 words which wasn't too bad. I think the 1st day is more about getting to know your working environment and the people around you. Tomorrow we have been assigned to write two pieces for Banter magazine. I am doing the fashion page (yes!) and also writing about what to do in the Summer Holidays. Has anybody got any ideas for that? I am not sure what everyone enjoys doing so any comments below would be great! On Wednesday we are going to The SS Great Britain - Booo! I am so scared of it. Why couldn't we have gone to the zoo? I suppose I can turn my negatives into positives as some people could be thrilled by the creepy atmosphere and history of this ship. On thursday we are writing up our notes on the SS Great Britain. And on friday we are just going through our articles and editing them if it needs be. It seems like a good week ahead and I am looking forward to it (although I was dreading it this morning... but I suppose it was just my anxious nerves which is normal).
I will keep updating you guys and let you know about my amazin experiences at the Evening Post! xxxx

2 comments:

  1. I don't like it, but in the summer I work..so that i can afford to go on those shopping trips! then just parties, hanging out with friends and of course holidays! hope this helps with your article and if not hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment: it will definitely help me when writing as it will show what sort of relaxing activities people do during the holidays :) Thank you.. I am sure I will have a lovely week. Hope you have a nice day x

    ReplyDelete